Thursday 4 June 2015

Last 4 weeks......




So it's been a while since I last posted because as you can imagine I've been extremely busy. For the last 8 weeks I've been loving every minute of my final placement....and there are only 4 weeks left until my last shift as a Student Nurse!

The fact that my placement is on the ward that I have secured my post is such a bonus. I'm feeling really supported and I'm hoping this is going to help with the transistion from wearing a White uniform to wearing Blue. I'm happy that the path I have chosen is the right one for me. I love the area of nursing that I'm going into and the team I'm working with are fab! :)

One last hurdle is looming before me though! A week on Monday is results day! For some reason I am not feeling confident at all! So much rests on passing these last modules.....I'm desperate for it all to go well so I can see this journey through to the end in the way that I have hoped and worked so hard for!

On the family front all is good. My daughter is now sitting her GCSE exams and my eldest son is about to finish his apprenticeship in electronics and starts his job at the beginning of August. I'm extremely proud of their achievements.

When I first started this journey, my youngest son was only 9 years old. I can't believe he is now a teenager and soon to be going into year 9 at secondary school! The last 4 years have flown by! I'm so excited to be able to treat the kids to special treats when I'm earning a proper wage.....they have been so patient with me during the times when I have been stressed that they deserve a little spoiling! In fact, my whole family have been so supportive, they all deserve a special treat! The plan for my first wage is to take the whole family out for a celebratory/thankyou meal!

But before that, there are only 6 weeks till our family holiday to Majorca. It is safe to say that everyone is excited and on countdown! This really will be a relaxing holiday, time to lay back and appreciate how far we have all come as a family! Good times ahead! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment