Sunday 24 April 2016

A Little Reflection......

I really don't have enough spare time to update this blog as much as I'd like, 3, 13 hour shifts every week is pretty time cosuming and exhausting! I try and spend my days off catching up with housework and enjoying time with my family.

Anyway, work is going well, I still love where I am and how much I learn from week to week. Next week I am going on another study day, Cannulation! Can't wait to have this skill under my belt, it's surprising how few nurses I work with can actually do this so its going to be nice to be able to help the team whenever I can! :)

I've started keeping a record of all the Continued Professional Development tasks I take part in ready for revalidation....I know it's 2 years away but it's nice to keep on top of things and monitor my own progress. It's a good reminder of how far I've come and how much I am growing into the role of a competent and confident staff nurse. I've also set myself the challenge of reading one CPD article in the Nursing Standard every month and completing the quiz included or writing a reflection.

I'm also keeping any feedback from patients and relatives. I've recieved some lovely cards. This is truely a fabulous reminder of why I love being a nurse....helping people and making a difference during a time when they are vulnerable/afraid/going through difficult times really is an honour and a pleasure! 



At the moment I'm in the middle of some annual leave, 10 days off! I have loved having some time to recharge and refresh  but I'm actually really looking forward to getting back on the ward next week and back in the company of the best team. It's true what they say, "find a job you love and you will never work a day in your life!" ❤️

No comments:

Post a Comment