Monday 20 May 2013

7 weeks till the end of my 1st year....

So only 7 weeks left until the end of the 1st year! Back on placement today. Had a pretty good shift...helped lots of lovely patients get washed and dressed....made 9 beds...all with lovely corners!....Carried out the lunchtime drug round under supervision and updated some care plans and diary entries on the hospital computer system. The staff nurse and n/a i was working with today were fab and loved the fact that we worked together so well as a team! :) Here's hoping tomorrows shift is as good! :)
Anyway....last week our cohort went to our big campus for our Science exam. I was a little overwhelmed at the size of the place compared to our small campus! However all in all it was a good experience. The exam didn't go too badly....some of the questions I answered with a complete guess as it doesn't seem like we covered all the content that the exam was based on! And I read a lot...and still words and terms appeared in the test paper that I have never heard of!! (I have since looked them up!) Just hoping that I did well enough to pass....fingers crossed!! We don't get our results until the 10th June, so I don't think I will book a shift for that day just in case I want to spend the day hiding away! Worse case scenario is that I will have to resit the exam, which wouldn't be a total disaster because at least now I know what I need to revise!!
Oh yeah...and just to add, I got 99% on my drug medication exam...I was happy with that and hopefully am on target for getting 100% at the end of the 3rd year! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment